In this guide to blogging, we take you through the pros and cons of building and maintaining a blog.
Building a blog can require a significant amount of effort from the small business owner and you need to be sure it’s the best use of your time. Specific areas covered within this guide include:
- So just how do you generate sales from your blog site? This guide explains the various options including Google ad words; selling your own products; promoting affiliate programmes; selling advertising space; lead generation and newsletter subscriptions. As well as describing these options, we give you detailed ways of implementing these ideas along with a “no holds barred” description of the advantages and drawbacks.
- Explaining in simple terms how you can use RSS (Really Simple Syndication) to generate traffic to your blog site by improving your actual search engine rankings and by helping you to retain traffic by positioning your site as an authority. This is a really effective way of increasing both these vital aspects of traffic generation…because more traffic means more sales.
- Driving traffic to your site is vital to increase your sales. We devote a whole chapter to this topic. You will learn how to participate in link exchanges-vital to improve your ranking. You will learn precisely how to find link partners with addresses of relevant link exchanges and directories. Let’s be clear, you have all the information you need to begin building links, clearly explained in this guide.
- You have probably heard a lot of talk about SEO (Search Engine Optimisation). While this is a vital part of getting traffic without constant promotion and marketing; there is a lot of miss-understanding about what SEO means, how important it actually is and how you use it. In this guide, we clearly explain the difference between on-page and off-page optimisation, what the various terms mean and, most importantly, how you implement simple ways of ensuring your site is as high as possible on the most popular search engines.
- Most people focus on driving traffic to their blog sites. Whilst this is important, it is wasted effort if you have ignored how to convert these visits to sales. In our “Planning Your Blogging Profit Plan” section, we take you through the most effective way of making money from your blog. Our first tip of “improve conversation rates before working on traffic generation” is worth many times the price of this guide.
- The biggest hurdle people often face when thinking about constructing a blog is writing copy. As we demonstrate in this e-book; this doesn’t need to be an issue. In this guide, we not only give you easy tips on how to write your own copy; we also give you ways to get other people to write copy for you…at little or no cost. Copy is no longer a block to building your first blog.
- Throughout this guide, we remind you that you have two customers for your blog; the search engines and your prospective buyers. The guide is packed with strategies to satisfy the needs of both and so achieve the sales you want.
If you are looking for a guide which: